The hype seems to be on what new features and technology smart-phones will come out with next (we’re looking at you, Apple). There is a whole additional side to more traditional phones with unique designs like your favorite cartoon characters, automobiles, and even drinks. Check out these 12 (questionably) awesome/ so-bad-they’re-good novelty phones:
- 1967 Shelby Mustang Phone – Have you ever dreamed about having an old-fashioned mustang? Well maybe buying the actual car isn’t practical, but this 1967 Ford Mustang is a great collector’s item that is also useful as a phone.
- Winebottle Shaped Telephone – For the lovers of wine and elegance, this novelty phone is a great addition, especially for a kitchen where it can serve as a phone and a classy wine bottle on the counter.
- The King, Elvis Phone – Very few go down in history like the late great king of rock and roll. This phone is a great collector’s piece for lovers of oldies and rock.
- TV mobile phone – Though a little old fashioned, this device is a hybrid between mobile phone and television. The screen folds out to a comfortable viewing angle to watch videos – something many smartphones today seem to neglect in their design.
- Audi TT Cell Phone – This phone may not have all the fancy features of a smart phone, but it looks awesome and is great for Audi lovers.
- Darth Vader Phone – With the force at your side, you can contact anyone on this Star Wars novelty phone. Even if the series isn’t your favorite, a Darth Vader Phone is about as cool as it gets.
- NFL NY Giants Football Phone – Sports fans love to get their favorite team on everything like t-shirts, hats, chairs, and even phones. This phone has the whole football field on the side and the actual football design on the top and bottom.
- Animated Homer Simpson Phone – For adult cartoon fans, this Homer Simpson phone is a great novelty phone for your home while it entertains with its voice and movements for incoming calls.
- Harley-Davidson Phone – This Harley-Davidson phone comes with motorcycle seats that lift up for use as a handset, how cool is that?
- Telemania Tel-locomotive – This rather unique novelty phone has four distinctive sounds when it rings. It has an old-fashioned look and represents a 1925 Crescent Locomotive.
- Telemania Hot Lips in Red – This phone makes for a hilarious gift.
- M&M’s 2 Character Phone – This phone will make one hungry just by looking at it. It is a cool Christmas phone with the red and green M&Ms but might just make you eat more candy.
This list of scarily kitsch design was compiled by Oli, a design and gadget obsessive at Thorpe Breaks – who are eagerly gearing up for this Halloween’s fright night.